Saturday 1 March 2014

RIP Trocadero

 
This week my friends and I went to say our final farewells to London's Trocadero. Although it hasn't been fully operating as a proper games arcade for a good few years now, it's still sad to see a part of our youth being taken over by another big posh hotel. Decided to paint some classic retro arcade games on my nails to commemorate.
On my left hand I have Pacman, Duck Hunt, a Streetfighter II "hadouken", Tetris and Asteroid. On my right hand I have Pong, Sonic the Hedgehog, Space Invaders, Dig Dug and Mortal Kombat.
Thanks to my geeky gamer friend Dave who helped me decide on which classic games to paint.

Here's a pic I took of Trocadero the day before it closed down for good:


May the gamers keep gaming and the memories live on...

No comments:

Post a Comment