Tuesday 18 February 2014

It's just a bunch of Hocus Pocus!


Painted these when American Horror Story: Coven returned to our screens in January after the Christmas break. I wanted to capture the essence of this particular season of American Horror Story with items and characters featured so far.
On my left hand I have 'American Horror Story', Madame LaLaurie's bloody make-up brush, Papa Legba's hat and eyes, a white snake and a blood star. On my right hand I have the shirt Zoe wears when she joins the Academy, the glasses, lips and hair colour of my favourite character Myrtle Snow, a minotaur horn, an umbrella which Fiona uses in the opening episode and 'Coven'.
I've used a black, white, red and nude colour scheme here as they are the main colours focussed on in the show (with the added bright orange for Myrtle Snow). The base for the minotaur horn is my new Barry M Matt in Vanilla. The colour comes out nicely and you can actually get away with only 1 or 2 coats as it has a nice even coverage.
Unfortunately this series has finished now but it was amazing while it lasted. Looking forward to finding out what the subject of the next series will be...

No comments:

Post a Comment