Monday 10 February 2014

How The Grinch Stole The Nightmare Before Christmas


These were my first Christmas themed nails last year before I started my traditional advent calendar ones. The previous year I painted my nails with a Christmas film theme of Elf and Home Alone so I decided to carry on the tradition with two classics which I watch every year on Christmas Eve, The Nightmare Before Christmas and How The Grinch Stole Christmas.
On my left hand I have Zero the ghost dog, the shadow of Oogie Boogie on the moon, Jack Skellington as a snowman, the Christmas door and Santa's hat. On my right hand I have the Santa hat the Grinch makes, the Grinch stealing a Christmas star, the Grinch's heart growing three sizes, a Christmas wreath and the Grinch's dog Max.
Took a bit of searching to find the right colour for the Grinch green. I used Rimmel 401 Wedge of Lime which came out perfectly. Also I find that red doesn't show up well over green, it tends to make it a browny colour, so I always paint the shapes with white first then paint over that with a red so the colour shows up nicely.
Along with tradition I did watch both these films at Christmas last year, along with many others as I really enjoy getting into the festive spirit.

Here's my mini tree I always put up in my room every year:


Only 317 days left until next Christmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment