Wednesday 21 September 2011

Off to see the Wizard...


















Created on 20th August.
These are my favourites so far as I love the little details I put into them.
I was watching this movie and thought it would be a great idea to do my own nail interpretations. I had to start by making a list of things I wanted to include in the designs, like the rainbow and the ruby slippers, then decide what nails to put them on.
I was originally going to write 'No Place Like Home' on the gingham nails but they took me so long to paint I didn't want to clutter them up with words and ruin the patterns.
In case you're having difficulties telling what they are, there's the rainbow, the yellow brick road, the poppies that make them fall asleep (my favourite line in the film "Poppies will put them to sleeeeep" because of her wicked voice), the emerald city which I added glitter to make it shimmer, the witches broomstick, the pattern of Dorothy's blue gingham dress and her ruby slippers which I also added glitter to.


I later added clouds and a bird to the rainbow nail as I was originally going to write 'Over the Rainbow' but decided to keep all my nails text free.

No comments:

Post a Comment